Monday, May 27, 2013

Fried Fish

Fried Fish

I haven't had fried fish in a LONG time and have really missed it.  So yesterday I made some, and it was delicious!  My kids gobbled it up, and my gluten eating husband LOVED it .





3/4 cup oat flour
3/4 cup arrowroot powder
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (Can omit if allergic to dairy.)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 egg  (Can omit if allergic to eggs.)
1 lb fish (I used flounder.)
oil.

Mix together first four ingredients in a bowl.  Beat egg in another bowl.  Heat 1-2 inches of oil in skillet over medium high heat.  Dip fish in egg and then into the flour mixture, gently patting to make sure it's all covered.  Fry in oil until fish is a golden brown, flip and fry the other side until it's golden brown.

I made some tartar sauce to go with it by mixing a little mayonnaise, pickle relish, lemon juice and chives.


No comments:

Post a Comment